Home / Newton / Newton Staff Meeting

Newton Staff Meeting

Collegian Staff meeting for the Newton Campus this Saturday, August 21st! It will be held at the Starbucks location on HWY 138 and will be from 2:00 pm-4:00 pm. This meeting will be for the Newton editors and whoever is interested in becoming a part of the student newspaper. You are not required to bring anything, but we do recommend on having a small notebook and a pen to take down notes. Also, you may want to bring some money if you would like to purchase a drink. If you cannot make it to the meeting, but are still interested, just send an email to the Collegian or leave a comment on this post.  

We will be discussing stories that could be published for the next issue. Also, we will be assigning jobs and going into detail about their descriptions and requirements. Since there was a huge response from those of you who are interested in photography, we will be doing a special segment about the topic.

We are also looking for some people that will be assigned to specific subjects. Here is the list of what we are looking for and who you will be answering to:

Entertainment writers (Managing Editor–for now)

Local reporters (News Editor)

Campus reporter (News Editor or Campus Life Editor–depending on subject)

Student events (Campus Life Editor)

National and World News (Managing Editor)

Sports reporter (Managing Editor)
Be thinking of some stories you would like to pitch during the meeting. Seen any good movies? Read an amazing book? Saw something unbelievable in the Campus Cafe (besides the prices)? Tell us about it! If you want to write about something local or whatever interests you, go on ahead–just make sure to keep the editors updated on your progress.
Anyway, we hope to see you all at Starbucks! 

Op-ed: All Time Low’s “Future Hearts”

By: D’vale Weston This alternative band has been showing us to never count them out. …