Home / Dunwoody / Dunwoody SGA Announces New President & Exciting Events

Dunwoody SGA Announces New President & Exciting Events

Mr. Justin William McPhatter III is the incoming Student Government Association President for the Dunwoody Campus. He decided to run for president of the SGA because he saw it as a natural progression, having previously served as a senator as well as a secretary.  McPhatter’s vision for his presidential term would be to increase student participation around the campus with students attending not only SGA events, but all the various clubs and organizations. One of his goals is that he would like to make students aware of the role they play in their community. McPhatter is currently in discussion with a local senior living community center to see how the SGA and student body can work together.

To boost student and community participation in home games for the Georgia Perimeter College men’s soccer team, the SGA will be sponsoring a tailgating and arts and crafts day on September 25th. The GPC men’s soccer team is currently ranked second in the state, however surprisingly, they seem to have little student participation. The SGA would like more students to attend the Jaguars home games to demonstrate school spirit. Hot dogs and hamburgers will be served to spectators.

Many exciting leadership events will also be offered during the month of September, so stay tuned!

Exciting Events Brought to You by Dunwoody SGA:

Don’t forget to visit the Dunwoody Student Center for the following upcoming events:

9/15 – Hispanic Heritage Event
9/16 – Young Men & Women of Excellence Lunch, 12 – 2 PM
9/20 – Minute to Win It, 11:50 AM – 12:15 PM & 12:50 PM to 1:15 PM
9/21 – Raffle 4 Breast Cancer, 12 PM – 2 PM *Raffle tickets are $1.00
9/22 – Open Mic, 5 – 7 PM
9/23 – Field Day, 10 AM – 3 PM
9/25 – Soccer Tailgate with Community, 12 – 2 PM
9/27 – Minute to Win It, 11:50 AM – 12:15 PM & 12:50 PM – 1:15 PM
9/28 – GPC Reads: The Sunday Wife, 11 AM – 1:30 PM *This event is held in LRC-1200
9/30 – Blood Drive, 10 AM – 3 PM
10/5 – Student Leadership Conference, 9 AM – 3 PM
10/7 – Health Forum, 1 – 2 PM

by Gregory Howard, Dunwoody Managing Editor and Melissa Wong, Dunwoody News Editor

Solar-powered picnic tables at the Dunwoody campus

Dunwoody Campus Takes a Step into the Future

Spring is just around the corner and you want to enjoy the sunshine. But you …