Home / Newton / Triangle Club comes to Newton

Triangle Club comes to Newton

When you think of organizations on campus, some that typically come to mind might be Café Noir or the Student Government Association. There are many others suiting a variety of student interests, one of which has found a new home here at Newton.

The Triangle Club, an organization for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender students and those who support them, was introduced in March, 2010. It is comprised of several students that would like to educate themselves and the community. This club allows members to freely express themselves and have someone to talk to about specific issues they aren’t comfortable talking about elsewhere.

Triangle President Pam Wheeler hopes to gain more members and eliminate several misconceptions about the GLBT community.

“Our club is a place where members can come together and be themselves without trying to please everyone else,” Wheeler explained.

For additional information, be sure to stop by the display outside of the library, created by Triangle advisor Kip Cates. Any students interested in joining the club, meetings are held every first and third Tuesday at 4 p.m. in 2N2100.

By Malissia Victor, Newton Campus Life Editor

Op-ed: All Time Low’s “Future Hearts”

By: D’vale Weston This alternative band has been showing us to never count them out. …

• Pam Wheeler

Triangle now meets every Tuesday at 4 P.M. in room 2N 2100.