Home / Decatur / February Fitness Decatur’s Biggest Winner

February Fitness Decatur’s Biggest Winner

By William Pauldo – Managing Editor

This February students looking to get in-shape and jump start their fitness regimens can look to the Decatur Campus’s Health and Wellness Department for assistance in completing their goals. The Decatur Health and Wellness department will sponsor The Biggest Winner. Inspired by the hit NBC show The Biggest Loser, students participating in the program will set their goals and work through an eight week period to achieve them.
Many of the NBC show’s features will play a role in this fitness program. Students will be able to work as individuals and as groups. During the program, there will be 3 weigh-ins. Students won’t have access to Bob Harper or Jillian Michaels, but all participants will be given notebooks to help track their progress. The notebooks will include log sheets to record day-to-day activities and nutrition tips to provide students with long-term health information.
Participants will also be competing in activities to earn points in addition to regular exercise and dieting. Awards will be given to participants at the end of the program in April. Students interested in participating in the program can find the applications on-line at: http://gpc.edu/~gpchwr/BIGGEST%20WINNER%20REGISTRATION%20FORM.pdf.
The registration period ends on the 18th. Orientations will be held on the 10th and 17th. For further questions, students can visit the Health and Wellness Department in the SC building. They can also contact Mrs. Bronwyn
Stallcup at 678-891-2725.

GPC Decatur Garden, Photo by Sammy Lyons.

Decatur Garden serves students and community

The community garden on the Decatur campus is a positive place that can help the …