Home / College Wide / New withdrawal process

New withdrawal process

By Melissa Wong – Dunwoody Managing Editor

This semester, GPC initiated a new withdrawal process for students. Those wishing to withdraw from a course can now do so on the internet. Students were previously required to take a withdrawal form to Student Financial Services for a signature before dropping it off at Advisement, Counseling, and Retention Services.
“I think it’s good – makes it easier,” remarked Calvin Gadsen, a student at the GPC Dunwoody campus. The new withdrawal process allows students to log in to the Student Information System and complete their request under the “Registration” tab. Students will be prompted to read through and agree to statements from both financial aid and advisement team explaining their rights, responsibilities, and the consequences of withdrawal as well as select the reason before submission.
The request will automatically be forwarded to Student Financial Services (if applicable), Advisement, Counseling, and Retention Services, and Enrollment and Registration Services for processing. Students should allow five business days for a withdrawal request to be completed. Status updates and requests for more information will be sent to their GPC email address. Should a student choose to cancel their withdrawal request, they may do so at any time prior to it being processed by Enrollment and Registration Services.
Students withdrawing from a course must do so by Mar. 15 for full term classes in order to receive a “W” on their transcript. This grade does not affect grade point average, however it can affect financial aid eligibility.
A step by step guide on how to complete the withdrawal request online can be picked up from any GPC Advisement, Counseling, and Retention Services office. The GPC policy on withdrawals can be found online at http://www.gpc.edu/catalog/withdrawals.

Public Safety Director Chief Nick Marinelli, Jr., Photo by Ben Abrams.

Marinelli encourages strong relationship with students

Public Safety Director Chief Nick Marinelli, Jr. believes in the importance of situational awareness in …