Home / College Wide / Jaguar’s Men Tennis call for Victory

Jaguar’s Men Tennis call for Victory

By Hermila Becerra -Contributing Writer

Jaguar men’s tennis is back again! Georgia perimeter college men’s tennis took the victory as they shutout Spartanburg Methodist College 9-0 in the seasons first victorious win!

GPC’s Brien Le had an awesome thriller tie breaker which was a secure shutout for GPC. Le took the first set on the Dunwoody courts from Josh Lawton 6-3, then dropped the second 5-7. He fell behind for a minute in the tiebreaker till he regained his confidence, Battling back to win those extra points 10-6.

The other single‘s were determined in straight sets. Salif Kante and Nathan Singleton have never lost a game against Matheus Barcela and David Manley. Ismail Lemtouni dismissed of Corey White 6-1, 6-0. Christian Bellina eliminated Troy Lanford 6-4, 6-2, while Ramin Zamani flew by Stephen Higginbotham 6-3, 6-2.

During doubles the mighty jaguars did not stay behind. Kante-Lemtouni over Lanford-Lawton 8-1, Bellina-Singleton over Barcela and C.J. Freeman 8-2, and Le-Zamani over White-Higginbotham 8-2.

GPC’S Men’s tennis coach Mohamed Nait Freeman said “ The key to the success during the double’s match was confidence that exhibited by first serves being put in play”

The jaguars have had a couple of victory’s against four year colleges they played during the post-season. The guys will continue to train hard to prepare for their next game and we hope all there hard work pay’s off when its time for them to face a match again. Good Luck Jaguars!