Home / Clarkston / Profile | Triangle Club

Profile | Triangle Club

Mitchell Mills president of the triangle Club is preparing for the Drag Show on April 21st. These are photos promoting the event. (Photo courtesy of Mitchell Mills)
By Louisa Owuor – Campus Life Editor

Catering to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender population at GPC, the Triangle Club is one of the more diverse clubs on Clarkston campus.
According to club president Mitchell Mills, the organization does not just focus on just the GLBT being active in the community, but advocates “equality for everybody–even straight people.” The club is student-run, with advisers Michael Hall and Elizabeth Lathrop providing support.
On March 29, they hosted a movie night in the JCLRC auditorium, screening “But I’m a Cheerleader,” starring Natasha Lyonne, Michelle Williams and Eddie Cibrian.
For the remainder of the semester, the Triangle Club has some entertaining events planned for students. The club will host a drag fashion show on April 21 at the Clarkston campus.
The event was originally set for March 23, but due to the low number of participants, the club postponed the date in hopes of gathering more interest. If you’re interested in being a performer, you can contact President Mills at millsmit@student.gpc.edu. The show will be hosted at the student center and is open to all students.
During Christmas season, they volunteer with Sheltering Arms daycare in helping the poor, impoverished children, and homeless. Lending a helping hand is important to the members of the club because it is sets an example for the society.
The club has meetings every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m.; they discuss upcoming events, coming out and recent events in society. Everyone is invited and encouraged to bring in a topic they would like to discuss.
Meeting new people and being a part of a diverse club like this one helps “people gain acceptance, people to see gay culture, and appreciate others lifestyle,” adds Mills.

Library facelift at GPC Clarkston

The construction work going on around the GPC Clarkston campus caused much chagrin to many …