Home / Clarkston / Proposal to reopen library on Sundays

Proposal to reopen library on Sundays

This is the entrance to the Clarkston library. Most students head over to the library right after class. The entrance could possibly be open on Sundays. (Photo by Ricky Riley)
By Ricky Riley – Managing Editor

In late February, The Clarkston SGA passed a resolution proposed by Vice President Antonio Molina and Senator Derek Hampton that aims at reopening the Library on Sundays.
Senator Hampton and Vice President Molina gathered 1,011 signatures from Clarkston students and convinced the Clarkston SGA to pass the proposal.
“This resolution has the intention of providing an adequate learning resource outside of the classroom on Sundays,” said Molina.
Later in March, the SGA discussed how the resolution will take effect. Hampton plans on taking it to Dean of Student Services Deborah Homer and making sure that the administration understand student concerns.
However, this bill is not a college-wide solution. The bill calls for a new lab assistant to be paid $9.25 per hour and the library to be open for five hours on Sundays.

Library facelift at GPC Clarkston

The construction work going on around the GPC Clarkston campus caused much chagrin to many …