Home / SPORTS / Tennis teams crush opposition

Tennis teams crush opposition

By Martina Shaw – Dunwoody Campus Life Editor

Both men’s and women’s tennis teams defeated their opponents on March 20. (Above) Salma Duhbai; (Right) Salif Kante
In unusual fashion, the GPC Tennis Jags swept Emory’s Oxford College. Both the Lady and Men’s teams played Sunday, March 20 at home on the Dunwoody campus and won.
Their 9-0 victory allowed the men’s team to continue their winning streak and earned them a record of 3-2. The men’s team played very well, winning every game in five of its six singles matches and only losing three games in doubles matches.
Head Coach Reda “Nait” Omar praised Jeremy Dunham, a freshman from Stone Mountain, Ga. for his performance as well as team captain, Salif Kante, for his 6-0 sweep.
The women’s team also dominated Oxford, winning 6-3, despite not having played for several weeks. GPC freshmen Sadietou Mayou, and Asia Boyd played extremely well in both their singles and doubles matches.
Coach Omar was especially pleased with Mayou, commenting, “she closed in on the net on key points.” The team also saw great performances by Salma Dahbi and Maria Casseres in both singles and doubles.