Home / College Wide / Four-year future possible for GPC

Four-year future possible for GPC

By Adam Waldorf, Melissa Wong and Chris Schultz – Collegian Staff

GPC President Dr. Anthony Tricoli wants to introduce four-year programs to GPC’s curriculum. The Board of Regents will meet and discuss a proposal to add two Baccalaureate programs to GPC on May 10.
If approved, the programs in Sign Language Interpreting and Health Informatics would be the first four-year degrees offered by GPC.
On February 25, GPC’s Faculty Senate voted unanimously to support the proposals.
Currently, GPC is the only school in the University System of Georgia to offer an Associate’s degree in Sign Language Interpreting. If the proposal is approved, GPC will be the second school in the USG, along with Valdosta State University, to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Sign Language Interpreting.
Health Informatics is a fast growing field dealing with the effective management of large health data sets. GPC would be one of three schools in the USG to offer a Bachelor of Science degree in Health Informatics if the proposal is approved. Currently, Macon State College and Georgia Health Sciences University are the only USG schools that offer a Health Informatics degree.
Dr. Tricoli is excited about the prospect of these programs being added to GPC’s curriculum, saying, “I will move forward with vigor to make sure that those programs are successful and that our students
continue to have access into both two-year and four-year programs at the college.”

Public Safety Director Chief Nick Marinelli, Jr., Photo by Ben Abrams.

Marinelli encourages strong relationship with students

Public Safety Director Chief Nick Marinelli, Jr. believes in the importance of situational awareness in …