Home / Decatur / Decatur Officer Passes Due to Low Blood Pressure

Decatur Officer Passes Due to Low Blood Pressure

By: Breanna Wimby

A woman of few words with an “overwhelming heart,” Officer Kim Robinson passed away unexpectedly Saturday, Oct. 8 at the age of 40. Officer Robinson was employed in the Department of Public Safety at Georgia Perimeter College Decatur Campus for a little over 4 years.

Officer Robinson’s older sisters, Kwania Newman, 45, and Janine Bellamy, 41, will always remember their little sister as a kind-hearted person that gave and did for others.

“She gave to people who didn’t even deserve her type of kindness and love, who didn’t even appreciate her. She just didn’t have a mean spirit about herself,” Newman said.

Officer Robinson’s caring spirit can also be remembered in how she cared for her red-nosed pit-bull, Brisco. “She treated him like a child. His grocery bill was about $100 a month,” Bellamy said, laughing. Administrative Secretary Ana Embry also remembers how the last thing Officer Robinson told her she bought for Brisco was a flat screen TV.

As a tribute to their fellow officer, Lieutenant Kimberly Ware, Officer Shayla Infante, and Embry created a shadow box where some of Officer Robinson’s items were placed and given to the family.

Ms. Newman and Mrs. Bellamy wanted to say thank you to GPC for “acknowledging that she was more than an employee,” and “caring for her and for helping us say goodbye to her.”

“This time is going to be kinda difficult for us. She was the one who always put together our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners,” Embry said