Home / Newton / Media Spot to open in Newton

Media Spot to open in Newton

By: Jahret Rainey

Newton will be getting a brand new MediaSpot located next year. The MediaSpot is an all purpose media lab filled with Mac computers, up to date software, and various pieces of equipment you can check out, including video cameras and software.

GPC Clarkston and Dunwoody already have their own MediaSpots. As of now Newton is in the process of getting furniture in place and hiring staff to occupy the new room.

Jonathan Harris, former producer for Georgia Public Broadcasting, is the director of MediaSpot at GPC. “When the new MediaSpot is open, students will be able to attend the workshops and check out equipment needed to make their multimedia presentation,” Harris said.

Some of the workshops that will be available are photography, video editing and audio recording. Photography workshops will consist of learning how to use various software such as Adobe Photoshop and basic camera functions. Video editing will use Final Cut Pro while audio recording software will be using Logic Pro.

The MediaSpot and workshops will give students who are interested a chance to learn the ins and outs of Apple Software and computers. Whether it is beneficial to their program of study or if it is just for entertainment purposes.

Op-ed: All Time Low’s “Future Hearts”

By: D’vale Weston This alternative band has been showing us to never count them out. …