Home / Dunwoody / New GPC lecture series Launched at Dunwoody Campus

New GPC lecture series Launched at Dunwoody Campus

By: Alicia Newton

Just in time for “Breaking Dawn, Part I” the latest movie sequel to Stephenie Meyer’s vampire-inspired saga “Twilight.” English Professors, Dr. Reginald Abbott and Professor Hank Eidson will present “Twilight Talks” Nov 17at 11:30 a.m. in the Dunwoody Campus Auditorium as part of the Humanities Lecture Series.

The series was renamed Sarah Larson Humanities Series at the kickoff event Oct. 27 featuring Louisiana author, lawyer & cultural activist Warren Perrin. Perrin sketched a fascinating portrait of Cajun history.

Sarah Larson, President of the Alliance Theater and Professor Emerita, is a retired GPC faculty member of GPC Dunwoody.  Larson taught at GPC for 30 years and founded our freshman magazine “The Polishing Cloth.” This collection of the best writing in the freshman class culminates at an annual reception honoring the students.  Larson also organizes a well-attended video conference with a nationally recognized playwright each year.

The last scheduled event for this semester is Dec. 1 at 10 a.m. Atlanta historian George Coletti and photographer Larry Winslett take an informed look at Stone Mountain.

These are lively lectures and your attendance may earn English extra credit; check with your teacher and enjoy!

Solar-powered picnic tables at the Dunwoody campus

Dunwoody Campus Takes a Step into the Future

Spring is just around the corner and you want to enjoy the sunshine. But you …