Home / Clarkston / Burns, scrapes and pap smears

Burns, scrapes and pap smears

By: Kevin A. Jackson

Women, how much easier would life be if you could go to class, hit the gym, and get a pap smear all without having to travel further than a football field? Look no further because all that can be done on the Clarkston campus!

On Jan. 19,  GPC started providing minor health care for students and employees.

There is a fee for certain services based on whether or not the patient is staff/faculty or student, and the individual costs range per service.

The SHC will administer physical examinations as well as pap smears, breast and pelvic exams, STD tests, family planning options and free condoms.

Don’t feel left out guys, testicular cancer screenings are available at the Student Health Center as well.

The Student Health Center is located on the ground floor of the CH building, in room 1210.

If you do not go to the Clarkston campus, a mobile unit will be visiting the Dunwoody, Decatur, and Newton campuses on Wednesdays.

According to Suzanne Wetter, Family Nurse Practitioner, the mobile unit will not be able to administer all the health services available in the health center, but it is still a great means of getting otherwise unavailable health care.

The center is “funded through student fees, however, when any employee uses the services of the center, they pay out of pocket which is then revenue for the center,” says Dr. Diane  White, Dean of Health Services.

For a full list of procedures, immunizations, services and mobile unit scheduling, visit http://depts.gpc.edu/~gpcshc/.

Library facelift at GPC Clarkston

The construction work going on around the GPC Clarkston campus caused much chagrin to many …