Home / Alpharetta / Take Me Out The Ball Game!

Take Me Out The Ball Game!

By: Tejai Henry

Finishing up 42-17 in their regular season, the GPC Baseball team is getting ready for another “scrumptious” season.

Head Coach Stewart Bailey says the team is looking to pick up where they left off last season. “Last season was a great one.  Finishing 42-17, winning the GCAA regular season championship, and also winning the Region 17 conference Tournament”, said Bailey. “With that being said the only way to continue with our success is hard work, dedication, and practice.”

The men started practicing  just a couple of weeks ago, with coach Bailey’s main focus being on the pitchers, and the returning sophomores.

Returning sophomores are as follows: Pitchers – Clay Garner, Andy Threatt, and Antonio Allen. Positioning; Catchers – Jacob Johnson and Solan Strickland; Infield – Christian Van-Camp, McLendon Till and Garitt Church.

Bailey is expecting these men to carry the team like last year.

The Jaguars first home doubleheader, will take place on January 21st, 2012 versus West Georgia Tech.

“Were just trying to continue to win. Therefore we’ll need the pitchers to pitch, the positioning players to make all the routine plays, and offensively execute at the plate,” Bailey said.

Overall Coach Bailey says he has an amazing group of men. “I’m honored to have such a opportunity to coach these young talented men. Together as a team WE WILL go far.”