Home / Alpharetta / Alpharetta new SGA president Shrena Jenkins

Alpharetta new SGA president Shrena Jenkins

By Mallory Blount

Newly elected SGA President Shrena Jenkins was born in Gallatin, Tennessee. She has been a Jaguar since Fall 2011 when she began taking classes at Alpharetta. She is a nursing major and plans to get her associates degree from GPC before transferring to Spelman College to continue in her academic pursuits.

Shrena Jenkins is already very involved at Alpharetta. She currently works at the Learning and Tutoring center as the coordinators assistant. She is also serving as the SGA Court Justice.

Jenkins was not considering running for president until a few weeks ago when she spoke with several administrators who urged her to run for the position. “I didn’t know what to do,” Jenkins explains. “I’ve never run for president and I had never thought about it.”

“I was unsure until I got to thinking abut my grandfather who was president of the NAACP Gallatin, Tennessee chapter,” Jenkins continues. “He was able to do it so why can’t I? He’s my role model.”

“I just want to do the best that I can to make GPC better and to be the voice of the students. I want to hear the issues that students have and do what I can to solve them.”

“Matters of Justice:” Why do we need the classics and arts?

By: Maurice Raeford Marie Gaudio, a humanities professor at the Alpharetta campus, has written a …