Home / Clarkston / Get fit on campus

Get fit on campus

By Tatiana Cadet

Between taking tests,completing homework,applying for financial aid and taking time out for personal business, college students are overwhelmed with the amount of responsibilities they have to handle.

A popular method people employ to alleviate stress is to engage in some form of physical activity. Students at GPC are encouraged to take advantage of the Health & Wellness center. “My job is to try to provide programs and activities that allow students to exercise and wind down from whatever stressful day they might have had, ” said Anthony Edwards, GPC Health & Wellness Coordinator.

The Health & Wellness center offers: yoga, Zumba, pilates, fitness boot camps, a state of the art recreation center, intramural sports
and more. Beginning January 28, the center will host its first nine week fitness program, titled Biggest Winner.

For more information,
visit www.gpc.edu/hwr

About Troi Charity

• k

It is very important to keep track of your health, especially with dealing with school, work, and anything else in between. I find that the activities provided by the health and wellness center to be very convenient, a way to focus on your mind, body and soul in a comfortable and familiar environment.