Home / College Wide / FrontPage / Commit to Complete movement designed motivate student to obtain their degree

Commit to Complete movement designed motivate student to obtain their degree

By Tatiana Cadet

Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Chi Pi Chapter (PTK Chi Pi) has initiated a call to action, Commit to Complete.

The ambition to improve the rate of college completion has become a national obligation. PTK Chi Pi Officers, members and faculty encourage students to pledge to complete their degrees, for a brighter future.

As partners of the National Community College Completion Initiative, PTK Chi Pi is dedicated to actively promoting the significance of completing an associate degree or certificate at GPC before transferring to a four-year institution. “I think it’s important to graduate from GPC with an associate degree because if you can’t get your bachelors you will have something to rely on,” says Maria Ortiz, Vice President of PTK Chi Pi, Clarkston Campus.

The University System of Georgia (USG) has also joined the national effort by establishing a complementary initiative entitled Complete College Georgia. The USG reports, “College completion is an imperative for a prosperous future in Georgia.”

For more information or to join and sign the pledge email ptkchipi@gpc.edu Facebook.com/ptkchipi Twitter.com/ptkchipi

About Troi Charity