Home / FEATURES / Former MLB pitcher coaches GPC team

Former MLB pitcher coaches GPC team

By Milly Beccera

Get your peanuts and Cracker Jacks because GPC Baseball is back and they are more ready than ever to take it all.

This year GPC baseball is lead by former MLB pitcher BrettCampbell in his first season as head coach with the help of his partner, assistant coach J.B. Brotherton.

This season GPC baseball is introducing 13 new freshmen ofwhich some have already made the starting line up.

Stephen Mason, a freshman from Gainesville high school, will be this year’s starting shortstop, Pierce Ressmeyer, a freshman from Columbus high school, will be the starting catcher and Dustin Beggs,a freshman right hand pitcherfrom Roswell GA, will be in the starting lineup for this season. Returning sophomores include infielder Wes Armstrong, right hand pitcher Landon Hayes and outfielder Russ Melton.

Last year the Jaguars had a great season with 46 wins and 19 losses but are expecting to go for the gold this year! With 6-days-a-week, 2 to 3 hour practices, the Jaguars are“definitely a great team to make a run this year” says assistant coach Brotherton.

The Jaguars’ first game of the season will be Monday, January 28 at our GPC Newton campus diamond! Come sit back, relax and meet us at the diamond because this is going to be a season to remember.

Photo by Milly Beccera
Photo by Milly Beccera

About Troi Charity