Home / Clarkston / Share love at the Writer’s Forum open mic

Share love at the Writer’s Forum open mic

By LaNaarai Wilder

Valentine’s Day Open Mic is an opportunity for writers to perform and share readings informally and without stress or anxiety.

Writer’s Forum, a Clarkston campus writing club, will host a Valentine’s Day Open Mic event on February 14 in room L-4190 from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. Ms. Rosemary Cox, Mr. Michael Diebert and Mr. Tim Tarkington, are the co-advisors responsible for setting up the open mic event which is available to all Georgia Perimeter students and faculty members. 

Mr. Diebert stated, “the event is a drop in, casual affair.” He added, “audience members can bring their own poems to read or the poems of someone else. One can also attend and simply listen.” Diebert also explain, that the events purpose is, “to promote the spoken word; to give participants a chance to read something near and dear to their hearts; to remind everyone of the Writers’ Forum.” 

There will be presentations of short stories and poetry including love poetry whether written or published by another author. 

It is also an opportunity to come, relax, and hear great poetry with that special person in your life or celebrate the day by treating yourself to phenomenal readings. 

For more information on this event and other Writers’ Forum events visit www. gpc.edu/~clahuman/forum/index.html. 

Attendance to the last three events they are hosting this semester on February 14, March 14, and April 11, 2013 in room L-4190 from 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. is encouraged.

About Troi Charity