Home / College Wide / GPC Production of ‘Children of Eden’

GPC Production of ‘Children of Eden’

By Tatiana Cadet

“Come to see a well-known story unfold before your eyes!” said Truman Griffith, cast member of GPC’s Theatre Art Guild’s Children of Eden.

The play will run in the Cole Auditorium, Fine Arts Building, on the Clarkston Campus Oct. 25-27 and Nov. 1-3.

This story, loosely based on the story of Genesis, will have you laughing and thinking about the conflicting relationships between parents and children.

“I can’t wait to see how my friends in the play portray the different roles,” said Dearrius Thicklin, GPC theater major. “It is going to be interesting seeing them play the roles of things and people like Adam, Eve, Noah, buildings and even animals!”

The cast of more than 25 students have spent more than 10 hours a week rehearsing for the fall production, now it’s time to see their work on the stage.

“I’m so excited to see the play,” said Summer Niles, GPC sophomore. “I know this play is also from the creator of ‘Godspell’ and ‘Wicked’ which were both amazing productions, so this one has to be good!”

First time Theatre Art Guild performer Emily Lipsey said that she is proud to be a part of the play and anticipates a great turn-out, especially for opening night.

Tickets are free for GPC students, $5 for students at other schools, $15 for seniors and groups of 10 or more, and $20 for general admission.

Reservations are suggested by calling 678-891-3572 or email gpctagtx@gpc.edu. Tickets are also available online at http://gpc.tix.com.

Public Safety Director Chief Nick Marinelli, Jr., Photo by Ben Abrams.

Marinelli encourages strong relationship with students

Public Safety Director Chief Nick Marinelli, Jr. believes in the importance of situational awareness in …