Home / College Wide / Peach State Opera Performs for Students and Families Locally
Sally Rose Bates and Brian Bonin
Sally Rose Bates and Brian Bonin

Peach State Opera Performs for Students and Families Locally

[slideshow_deploy id=’7933′]

By Justin Beaudrot

Experience Mozart’s famous operatic comedy, “Cosi fan tutte,” as performed by Peach State Opera and their English translation Jan. 11, 3 p.m., at Avondale Estates First Baptist Church.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s “Cosi fan tutte,” first performed in 1790, is a light hearted study of human nature in the conflict of romantic love. GPC Professor Dr. Brian Bonin will play a lead role as Guglielmo.

Since Peach State Opera’s inception in 2009, they have brought the joy and power of opera to communities and towns all across Georgia.

Bridging a divide between emerging professional singers and new audiences, Peach State Opera succeeds with each performance filling venues from Rabun Gap in the North Georgia Mountains all the way to Brunswick on Georgia’s southern coast.

Dr. Larry Frazier, playing Don Alfonso, comments, “(Mozart’s) genius is the way he is able to take the story and bring it to life with music.”

Christina Howell, playing Despina, adds that there will be, “Incredible music (and) great singers.”

Evelyn Hughes, Peach State Opera’s Conductor and Artistic Director, announces that they are currently working to book venues for next season and develop a tour.  She continues that internships and coaching opportunities are available to eligible candidates looking to learn from seasoned professionals.

“Cosi fan tutte” runs approximately 2 hours beginning promptly at 3 p.m.  Tickets are discounted for GPC students, staff and alumni for $5.

For more information on Peach State Opera’s upcoming shows, cast members and internships, visit their website at www.peachstateopera.org.

(Photos by: Justin Beaudrot)

Public Safety Director Chief Nick Marinelli, Jr., Photo by Ben Abrams.

Marinelli encourages strong relationship with students

Public Safety Director Chief Nick Marinelli, Jr. believes in the importance of situational awareness in …