Home / Videos / The Story of Kyana Campbell #22

The Story of Kyana Campbell #22

Sports soccer 22                  sports 22

By Autumn Porter

Over the past week I sat down with Kyana Campbell, No. 22 on the GPC women’s soccer team. As we began the interview I could tell by the bright smile and the tone of her voice that soccer was truly her first love.

Q: What is your major?

A: “As of right now I’m undecided.”

Q: What age did you begin playing soccer?

A: “The age of 6 in Lilburn, GA”

Q: What position do you play?

A: “I play left back, who is basically the person who defends the left side in the game.”

Q: Who or what inspired you to begin playing the sport?

A: “My father inspired me; he’s been there since day one. He’s put so much time, money, and dedication in helping me succeed in soccer. ”

Q: What types of things did your father do to prepare you for soccer?

A: “Well, he enrolled me into the Gwinnett Soccer Association (GSA), which is like a club soccer team where we travel; I did that from ages 6-18. He also spent long nights practicing with me; I can honestly say he’s made me the best I could be in soccer.”

Q: What is your favorite memory with playing soccer?

A: “Hands down, it would be winning the state championship my senior year of high school. It was such an overwhelming feeling to know that I left being known for something.”

Q: Why did you decide to continue soccer in college?

A:  “Well, honestly I couldn’t see myself doing anything else. I’ve been playing since the age of 6; it’s like second nature.”

Q: What advice do you have for the inspiring soccer players around the world?

A: “Never give up! Anything is possible; I love what I do, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world!”

Baltimore Uprising, Freddie Gray and Police Brutality: Student Opinions

In the aftermath of continued police brutality in Baltimore, MD, GPC students share their feelings about Freddie Gray, riots and police brutality.