Home / College Wide / On to my next adventure
troi profle pic

On to my next adventure

troiAs a journalist, I’ll keep it short and to the point.

A year ago today, I became the Editor-in-Chief, and now I’m writing my last piece for the newspaper that showed me my future career.

My year as the editor passed by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was stressing over my first edition, and now I’ve placed my last to bed (same stress, I just knew what to do).

I spent the first two semesters at GPC staring at the newspaper but never joined. My recruitment process was a bit unorthodox… I was dragged into the office. Yes, I was dragged by a good friend, a managing editor at the time.

Now, 28 editions, out of which 15 I can call my own, stare back at me on the wall. This world I stepped into was unfamiliar. I knew nothing of the fact that InDesign went through mood swings or that the AP Stylebook should be worshipped.

My experience at The Collegian is something I will never forget and will cherish both the good and bad, along with my memories of GPC.

I can safely say that my prior career choice is something that I would never go back to, for I have finally found where I belong.

To my staffs for both Fall 2013 and Spring 2014, it has been a pleasure working with you all. From our good times to our bad times, from our jokes to our awkward moments, the time we spent together was memorable, to say the least.

From Buzzfeed quiz sessions to AP Style quiz sessions, we were a rowdy bunch, but we were a family.

For those returning next semester and moving on, I hope what you learned while I was here was beneficial… hopefully.

Always a member,

– Troi Charity, Editor-in-Chief Fall 2013-Spring 2014