Home / College Wide / College Grocery Guide: The Food Students Need and Where to Get It
Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 5.51.14 PM

College Grocery Guide: The Food Students Need and Where to Get It

Photo by Jabril Titus

Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 2.33.36 PM

By Jabril Titus

Being a college student can become very stressful mentally but also financially. One thing that will help a student’s day go by smoother is a healthy meal or snack to munch on between studying and classes. There are plenty of inexpensive foods that can be prepared quickly or the night before.

Eating breakfast is essential; as we all know, it is the most important meal of the day. A few hours later, students might become hungry, this is why it is important to have something packed to eat. This not only saves you time, but it also saves you money.

Eating out every day adds up and leaves you with little money budgeted for anything else. Local grocery stores are great places to find healthy and reasonably priced foods. As far as chains go, Kroger and Wal-Mart are your best bets.

After comparing the prices of the two different grocery stores, Wal-Mart’s prices were the lowest for most products. Wal-Mart prices fit the standards of a college student who must stay within means. You can even cut out this section of the newspaper to help you stay within in your budget. This also will help you spend less time with browsing through the prices of the different products. Please budget your money, and shop with your brain, not your stomach! Happy shopping!

Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 2.32.44 PM