Home / College Wide / Sports Briefs

Sports Briefs

By Ben Abrams

Women’s Soccer

The Women’s team opened the season with a 5-0 win over Gordon State College on Aug. 22. The Jaguars dominated in offense shooting 16 shots with nine on target. Gordon State only had three shots, with one on target.

Courtney Dobeck, midfielder and forward, led the team with two goals in the game. Defender Kyana Campbell, forward Natasha Truitt, and forward and midfielder Nicole McMillan also contributed to the team’s scoring efforts. The women will head back down to Gordon State on Aug. 29 for a rematch.

Men’s Soccer

The Men’s team began the season with a 3-0 win over Finger Lake Com- munity College (FLCC) on Aug. 23 in Canandaigua, New York. The men dominated offensively with 25 shots and 15 on target, compared to FLCC’s offense with five shots and four on target. Forward Jeremy Booth contributed all three goals towards the Jaguars’ victory.

They then continued their strong start to the season with a 2-0 win over Monroe Community College on Aug. 24.

These wins improve the Jaguars to a 2-0 record and help the team keep its sixth place ranking in the NJCAA top 10 national poll for Division I soccer. Forwards Ryan Gordon (#7) and Kevin Otokore (#20) scored the two goals to give GPC the win. Go Jaguars!