Home / SPORTS / Sports Briefs

Sports Briefs

By: Ben Abrams

Women’s Soccer

The Women’s team travelled to Tifton, Ga on Sept. 5 to play Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College. They opened up their home schedule on Tuesday, Sept. 9 against University of South Carolina, Salkehatchie on the Clarkston campus. They head to Albany, Ga. on Friday, Sept. 12 to play Darton State College. The team is back in Clarkston on Tuesday, Sept. 17 to compete against Darton State College.

Men’s Soccer

The Men’s team extended their winning streak with their 2-1 win over Louisburg College on Aug. 31 in the team’s home opener on the Dunwoody Campus. Jaguars forward, #4 Reece Weldon, shined in the games scoring both of the team’s goals. Goalie, #0 Kekuta Jetta, had his own contribution with five saves in the game. This win improves the Jaguars record to 3-0 for the conference. As well as maintain their #6 ranking in the NJ- CAA national poll for Division I Soccer.

They will be back in Dunwoody for two more home games against University of South Carolina Salkehatchie on Tuesday, Sept. 9, and Darton State College on Saturday, Sept. 13.

Baseball

The team will begin their fall schedule on Friday, Sept. 12. They will be traveling to Carrollton, Ga. for a double-header with the University of West Georgia. Let’s go Jaguars!