Home / SPORTS / Sports Briefs

Sports Briefs

By: Tosin Ogunnoiki

MEN’S BASKETBALL

The Jags scored huge wins over Central Georgia Tech (68-58, OT), East Georgia (66-49), Atlanta Metro (62-57), and top-seeded South Georgia (75-62). Team captain Ronnie Mays (#2) scored 20 points and aided 11 assists. The Jags’ lone blemish was being swept by Chattahoochee Tech (80-72). The recent stretch has improved the Jags to (14-11),  (7-8) in the conference and sixth place in GCAA standings. Go Jags!

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

The Lady Jags have split their last six games, defeating Atlanta Metro (74-65), Georgia Highlands (76-73), and Chattahoochee Tech (100-22). Team captain Taylor Boyd (#12) scored 19 points and collected seven boards. Defeats were delivered by Central Georgia Tech (72-53), East Georgia (66-60), and Darton State (65-53). The Lady Jags are (13-15), (9-7) in conference play as 5th in GCAA standings. Go Lady Jags!

BASEBALL

The Jaguars had a rocky start to their final season,  suffering double header losses to Chattanooga State (4-2) and (5-1), East Mississippi Community College (7-6) and (8-4), Northwest Florida State (2-0) and (6-4), and Spartanburg Methodist (4-3) and (5-4). Two wins came back to back over Shorter College JV (4-2) and (11-10). The Jags (2-8) are looking to get the season back on track before defending their GCAA title with conference play on March 3. Go Jags!

SOFTBALL

The Lady Jags have been on a roll with wins over Richard Bland College (10-1), Northwest Florida State (15-9), Palm Beach State (14-9), Blinn College (4-3), and Lamar State (1-0). They were defeated by East Florida State (11-1), College of Central Florida (9-5), Wallace State-Hanceville (9-8), and San Jacinto College-South (7-6).  The Lady Jags (5-4) start coference play March 25. Go Lady Jags!