Home / Newton / Breakup Greatness and Rap’s King

Breakup Greatness and Rap’s King

By D’vale Weston

Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”

Photo courtesy of Big Sean's website.
Photo courtesy of Big Sean’s website.

This new album by hip hop recording artist Big Sean has impressed me so far.

He takes his listeners on a personal journey through his life with highs and lows, hardships and heart aches.

Big Sean displays his honesty, which makes this album so much more personal.

In “Dark Sky Paradise,” he changes up his flow by replacing his predictable sunny wordplay and pop- culture puns with more substance and personal presence.

His electrifying flow in songs like “Deep ft. Lil his Wayne,” “I Know ft. Jhene new Aiko” and “Paradise” will album speak to you to in so many ways.

The album features guest appearances by Kanye West, Drake, Ariana Grande, Chris Brown, Ty Dolla Sign, Jhené Aiko, Lil Wayne, PARTYNEXTDOOR, John Legend, and E-40.

All in all, “Dark Sky Paradise” is a beautiful work of art that will become one of his best works.

Big Sean takes us all on a personal experience of how he became to be who he is today, so if you take a listen I’m sure you’ll love it like I have come to.

I love this work of art and so should all of you.

Check out “Dark Sky Paradise” on iTunes today, and become a fan.

Drake’s “If You’re Reading This, It’s Too Late”

Photo courtesy of Drake's website.
Photo courtesy of Drake’s website.

This album/mixtape  has propelled Drake forward in the music industry.

C r i t i c s applaud “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” for its perceived display of lyrical growth and magnificent production.

The album debuted at number one in the U.S. Billboard’s top 200 with three days sales of 495,000 copies and 40,000 online streaming credits.

What makes this album so wonderful is the fact that it was released without any marketing help, taking a page from Beyoncé Knowles- Carter who released her fifth self-titled album “Beyoncé” the same way in December 2013.

This 17 track surprise release has truly impressed those in the industry.

It’s an impressive performance that combines the contemplative and confrontational—questioning loyalties of old friends and business endeavors.

As he sets fire to the beat with his electrifying bars with such songs as “Energy,” “I Got Enemies” and “6 P.M. in New York,” Drake has come back with full force to make sure that no one’s takes his crown as today’s hip-hop king.

I love this work of art and so should all of you. Check out “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” on iTunes today, and become a fan.

About Jack Lester