Home / College Wide / It’s great to be a Lady Jaguar
“The way they hung in there and closed the season on a winning note. They could have tanked several weeks ago, but they hung in there. That’s what makes me proud of them for this last game, for them to go out and finish the way they did.”
~Coach Waldon, head coach Photo by Ben Abrams
“The way they hung in there and closed the season on a winning note. They could have tanked several weeks ago, but they hung in there. That’s what makes me proud of them for this last game, for them to go out and finish the way they did.” ~Coach Waldon, head coach Photo by Ben Abrams

It’s great to be a Lady Jaguar

By: Ben Abrams

After a rocky start to the season, the Lady Jags have finished the year winning five of their six games in February including a four game winning streak to finish the season.

The streak brings theirs record to (15-15) and  (11-7) in the GCAA earning the fifth seed in the conference tournament.

After their big win over number two seeded South Georgia Tech to end the regular season and the legacy of GPC’s home court. Head coach James Waldon and a few of the players share what about this team made them proud to be a part of it.

~Coach Waldon, head coach. Photo by Ben Abrams.
“I’ve seen a lot of growth. At the beginning of the season we were all at each other’s necks, because we were fighting for position on the team. In the end we all came together as a team, and we play on the court as a team.” ~Jasmine Robertson (#3), sophomore guard. Photo by Ben Abrams.
“I’ve seen a lot of growth. At the beginning of the season we were all at each other’s necks, because we were fighting for position on the team. In the end we all came together as a team, and we play on the court as a team.”
~Jasmine Robertson (#3), sophomore guard. Photo by Ben Abrams.
“This is such an important stage in our lives at the age that we are. Everything we learn now we will carry with us for the rest of our lives, and I feel that together we stay strong and there are teams who have doubted us and we still come out on top.” ~Asia Vetters (#10), freshman guard. Photo by Ben Abrams.
“This is such an important stage in our lives at the age that we are. Everything we learn now we will carry with us for the rest of our lives, and I feel that together we stay strong and there are teams who have doubted us and we still come out on top.” ~Asia Vetters (#10), freshman guard. Photo by Ben Abrams.