Home / College Wide / Sports Briefs

Sports Briefs

By: Samuel Lyons

MEN’S BASKETBALL

The Jaguars are (3-2) in February defeating Atlanta Metro State (62-57), South Georgia State (75-62), and Gordon State (59-39).

The team’s two losses came from Chattahoochee Tech (80-72) and South Georgia Tech (87-79).

This last stretch of the season puts the team’s record at (15-13), and (8-9) in the conference placing them in fifth place in the GCAA standings.

The team now waits to see who they will play in GCAA postseason tournament. Go Jags!

WOMEN’S BASKETBALL

The Lady Jaguars had a (5-2) record in the February schedule ending the regular season with a 4 game winning streak.

The Lady Jags defeated Atlanta Metro State (74-65), Georgia Highland (76-73), Chattahoochee Tech (100-22), Andrew College (73-60), and South Georgia Tech (88-76).

The team’s two losses came from Darton State (65-53) and Georgia Highlands (65-58) in the GCAA Quarterfinals of the postseason tournament.

The last stretch of the season brings the team’s final record to (15-16), and (11-8) in the conference.

The Lady Jags now wait to see what their postseason fate will be for the national tournament. Go Lady Jags!

BASEBALL

The Jaguars started out on a ugly note this season losing eight out of their first ten games.

The team went (3-3) in this last stretch with their wins coming from a split with USC Salkehatchie (3-2) and a doubleheader sweep over Northwest Florida State (4-2) and (3-1).

The Jags losses came from a double header sweep to Chattanooga State (9-1) and (10-8), USC Salkehatchie (7-5). This last set improves the team’s record to (5-11).

SOFTBALL

The Lady Jaguars have been solid in their last stretch of games.

The team’s wins have come from Tallahassee Community College (5-1), Snead State (14-3), and Chipola College (5-4).

The team’s losses came from Central College of Florida (5-4), Gordon State, Tallahassee Community College, and Southern Union State.

The doubleheader against Cleveland State was canceled due to inclement weather.

The last stretch puts the Lady Jags record at (8-5) with their GCAA schedule starting March 7. Go Lady Jags!