Home / College Wide / Suit and tie

Suit and tie

By: Joseph Richardson

A look into GPC’s Spring Career Fairs

As the month draws to a close, the doors for the GPC Career Fairs will fly open.

This is an opportunity for students to see how their specific major can land them a job in various ways.

Dunwoody campus held its on March 24 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

There will be two more career fairs on the Clarkston and Newton campuses to follow.

Clarkston campus will host one on Friday, March 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., followed by the Newton campus on Thursday, April 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

The career fair will provide free breakfast courtesy of GPC and allow students to interact with each other before the event.

Attendees must wear proper business attire: no jeans, athletic shoes or any casual clothing of any kind.

This event differs from ordinary career fairs, because it allows students to get up close and personal in small professional seminars.

The GPC Career Fairs not only open windows for future jobs

and opportunities but actually brings forth many people who are currently hiring and looking for many willing students to step in and work for them at any moment.

When it comes to events like this one, it is up to the students to take full advantage of the situations and limitless openings being presented.

GPC Career Fairs will be presented by GPC’s Leadership Academy, Gateway to College Academy, DECA and GPC’s Student Government Association.

Operation Connects is a sequel to the GPC Career Fairs that will take place on April 1.

Students can witness an open panel discussion that will focus on building entertainment culture, community and relationships.

There will be several panelists with a high reputation like Janet Wade of Turner Broadcasting or two-time Grammy Award winner Eshe and many more.

Registration is required.