Home / FEATURES / Beat your brain up

Beat your brain up

Binaural beats: the future of psychological healing?

By Justin Fredericksen

In 1839, Prussian physicist and meteorologist, Heinrich Dove, discovered binaural beats.

Binaural beats are sound waves that trigger a physical response in the brain.

To maximize the effect, separate tones are pulsed in each ear to trigger the desired effect.

Available through YouTube and downloads on MP3, various desired results await people’s use: meditation, astral projection, lucid dreaming, relaxation, study aids and production of estrogen and testosterone just scratch the surface.

“I use them for meditation,” said Dunwoody nursing student, Jahleel Bent. “It’s different each time; it puts you in a trance and you feel the tension melt away.”

The effect is different for everyone.

The response of the brain, when altered with the Hertz, triggers a chemical reaction which produces specific effects using sound cycles per second.

These range from hertz to megahertz to kilohertz.

The ranges all specify the desired reaction to the brain.

The capacity of humans’ brain function may be increased and altered to achieve any desire.

Although binaural beats are not to be used instead of heading medical advice, they exist to enhance the human experience.

According to the Immrama Institute, “With properly designed audio technology, you can dramatically enhance your mind’s performance and tap into your infinite potential.”

Human beings are using about ten percent of our brain’s potential; binaural beats open new doors to higher thought.

Psychology major George Zal said, “I have used them before as a study aide but didn’t find them effective.”

Using the memory enhancer as a study aid has potential to raise your test scores and increase memory capacity.

If used frequently in society, this technology could potentially change the evolution of the brain and how it works.

There are currently no negative side effects that have been recorded by users.

As with anything people listen to, high volumes are potentially dangerous to the eardrum and does not increase binaural beat effectiveness.

About Jack Lester