Home / College Wide / Update: What’s up with the merger?

Update: What’s up with the merger?

Georgia State and GPC Implementation Committee announces its mission statement

By Naya Clark

On March 18, the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia approved a new mission statement to reflect the mission of Georgia State after the final steps of the merger.

“Georgia State University, an enterprising public research university, transforms the lives of students, advances the frontiers of knowledge and strengthens the workforce of the future.

The university provides an outstanding education and exceptional support for students from all backgrounds.

Georgia State readies students for professional pursuits, educates future leaders, and prepares citizens for lifelong learning.

Enrolling one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation at its urban research campus, at its vibrant branch campuses, and online, the university provides educational opportunities for tens of thousands of students at the graduate, baccalaureate, associate, and certificate levels.

Georgia State’s scholarship and research focus on solving complex issues ranging from the most fundamental questions of the universe to the most challenging issues of our day.

The scholarly work and artistic expression of the university’s faculty create new knowledge, extend the boundaries of imagination, and enhance student learning.

The university’s presence in the Atlanta metropolitan area provides extraordinary experiential learning opportunities and supports the work of faculty tackling the challenges of an urbanizing nation and world.”

For more information and updates regarding the merger, visit http://consolidation.gsu.edu/.

About Jack Lester