Home / NEWS / Message from President Mark Becker

To the Georgia State community,

The University System of Georgia Board of Regents today (Jan. 6) voted to approve the consolidation of Georgia State University and Georgia Perimeter College. This approval is the culmination of more than a year’s worth of work by hundreds of individuals across our campuses.

It is not only a historic day for our two institutions, it is also an important day for the students of Georgia. We look forward to helping thousands more students graduate with the support of our nationally recognized programs aimed at ensuring student success.

With this vote, Georgia State University becomes the largest university in the state and one of the largest in the nation, with more than 52,000 students. We are committed to honoring Perimeter’s mission of increasing access to higher education and we know the nation will be watching our progress.

I want to thank everyone who has worked so hard to make the planning, processes and organizational structure of this consolidation a success. We have much to be proud of and much work still to do.

With our shared knowledge, commitment and hard work, I know we will further enhance Georgia State’s national reputation and continue to do the best work possible for our students.

I am extremely pleased to welcome Perimeter College officially into the Georgia State University family. And please take the time to explore the new Perimeter College website, perimeter.gsu.edu.

Accreditors Give Final Approval of Georgia State University and Georgia Perimeter Consolidation Plan

The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) gave its approval today …